After you’ve put together a budget, figured out guest count, and found the right venue, it’s time to select a wedding caterer that will serve delicious food flawlessly. You’ll need to schedule a consultation to learn about their wedding packages and services before making a decision. Though it seems like the list of decisions you need to make is endless, there are key questions you can ask to help narrow down your options and choose the right caterer.
Venue & Availability
When searching for a caterer, make sure they can offer service at your venue, on your set date. Here are a few questions to ask during a consultation:
- Are you available on our wedding date?
- Have you catered at our venue before?
- What accommodations do you need to serve at our venue?
- How much time do you need to set up and clean up?
When reviewing the caterer’s menu, ask the following questions:
- Do you offer customization for specific menu items?
- Which dishes are the most popular?
- Do you charge per person or in bulk?
- Can you accommodate allergy and dietary restrictions?
- Will you prepare the food onsite or will it be brought fully prepared?
- When do you need our final menu choices and guest count?
- How do you handle last-minute requests?
- Do you provide bartending services?
- Do you offer desserts?
- Do you provide cake cutting services?
Experience & Recommendations
It’s important to find out if your caterer specializes in any type of food or dinner service. So be sure to ask for recommendations from past clients and get answers to the following questions:
- Which meal service styles do you offer?
- What is included in each wedding package?
- Can you share sample menus and/or photos from past weddings?
- How many weddings do you cater every year?
When you’re ready to talk logistics and specific event details, here are a few questions you need answered:
- Do you provide tablecloths, table settings, and accessories?
- Will your staff set place cards and menus?
- What is your server to guest ratio?
- Can you provide proof of insurance?
- Who is the onsite coordinator on the day of the wedding?
- What are your payment and contract terms?
- What is your cancellation policy?
CowgirlQ is here to make your wedding day feel — and taste — phenomenal. View our menus and give us a call to learn more about our wedding catering service!